This course of training which is degree in Engineering also prepares the Cadets for the arduous life at sea by subjecting them to balanced programme
of technical, general and disciplinary training and numerous co-curricular activities necessary for their eventual success in life.
Cadets are informed of the routine and activities through the following:
- College orders
- Hostel orders
- Weekly orders
- Weekly and Sunday routine
- Announcements and general
Synopsis of these regulations are detailed below.
- It is compulsory for all cadets to take part in physical training, indoor and outdoor games, swimming, parade, divisions and any other co-curricular activities.
- Cadets must carry out all written and verbal orders of authorities and rank holders promptly without any argument.
Rank Holders are:
- 1st Year - Leading Cadet(LC)
- 2nd Year - Junior Cadet Captain(JCC)
- 3rd Year- Cadet Captain(CC)
- 4th Year- Senior Cadet Captain(SCC)
- Cadet wishing an appointment with the Director, Dy. Director must arrange it through the Officer-in-Charge - Hostel/Discipline.
- Wearing of Uniform is compulsory at all times. Uniform must be clean, ironed and worn correctly.
- Cadets shall have their hair, beard, moustache trimmed and groomed properly or remain clean shaven excepting Sikh Cadets. Cadets are not permitted to
wear any jewellery and ornaments.
- Cadets will not leave the hostel without prior permission. Unauthorised absence
from the hostel will be dealt with severely and may result in suspension
and or serving of back time.
- Cadets must not keep large amount of cash in their
possession or in the hostel. There are a number of
banks close by where Cadets can open accounts.
- Cadets must remain in hostel in proper uniform at
all times. They are not to loiter in towel or sleeping
- Cadets will use the recreation room etc. only at
- Cadets will take their meals/tea etc. in the
dinning hall and during specified timings only.
- Cadets will meet their guests in the lounge on the
ground floor and normally between 5:30 to 7:30p.m..
Cadets having unauthorised guest or guests at odd
hours will be dealt with severely and may be
suspended/ removed from training.
- Fees, Hostel and Mess dues etc. as notified are
payable in advance. No notice to parents will be sent.
- Application for exemption from any activity on
medical grounds must be supported by M.O.'s
Certificate. Medical officer can be consulted in
dispensary on all working days from 07:30 -09:30 and
- Cadets are liable to lose credit marks for being
absent from hostel routine, dressed improperly and for
indisciplinary activities besides other punishments.
- Credit marks will be awarded for enthusiastic
participation in various college activities.
| STANDING REGULATIONS FOR CLASSES & WORKSHOP:|
- Attendance at Classes and Workshop is compulsory.
Under no condition will a Cadet absent himself from
classes/workshop except with proper permission.
- Cadets are not allowed to attend Marine Workshop
- Cadets returning to hostel during normal working
hours of their Workshop must report to the Hostel
warden/Officer -in-Charge, Workshop/Hostels.
- Cadets are granted leave during periods of
vacation which is declared by College Order. 1st 2nd
and 4rth year cadets will be eligible for 60 days and
3rd year cadets are eligible 30 days leave only per
- Written requests for late pass upto 10 p.m. after
classes/workshop should be made well in advance.
- A night off from hostel for staying in City may
be granted at the discretion of the Officer-in-Charge
on receiving specific written requests from the
cadets. A maximum of 10 night offs permitted one full
- A Cadet is liable to lose credit marks besides
other punishments if he reports back late from Home
leave, city leave, late pass, night off etc.
- Cadets absent/ away from training in excess of the
permitted leave on whatsoever account may lose credit
marks, may be debarred from appearing in Examinations,
may be removed from training on disciplinary grounds.
- Cadets may be granted leave on recommendation of
the Medical Officer. A maximum of 15 days medical
leave is permitted per academic year.
- All applications must be addressed to the
Director and forwarded through the Hostel Warden.
- In the interpretation of these rules, the
Directors decision will be final.