Boarding being compulsory for the full duration of the course, Indian Maritime University -Kolkata Campus caters to its Cadets with an excellent accommodation space amidst environment friendly lush green ambience.
No compromise is made when it comes to the cleanliness and maintenance of the hostels. Selectively, Rank holders are made responsible to ensure General cleanliness/Hygiene of the accommodation spaces, thereby ensuring that the cadets themselves take an effective part in making their hostels a beautiful place to reside in. The Cadets also maintain the gardens in the hostels as a part of their ex-curricular activity.
The Hostel has a multi-level formation. On the first level - the wings are divided into 10 Sadans (Houses). Appropriately, these "Sadans" are named after famous scientists - Bose, Diesel, Edison, Faraday, Froude, Marconi, Newton, Parson, Raman, Rankin .
And on Second level, the hostels are further divided into:
- Junior Hostel.
- This section of the Hostel is separated from the rest of the Accommodation and includes an office with attached bed room for the Hostel warden/s. The resident Warden ensures the safety & comfort of the First year cadets. Rooms are large, airy & accommodates 4~6 cadets. Each Sadan has it's own common Bathrooms & Kit Rooms fitted lockers.
- East & West Wings for 2nd & 3rd year Students.
- The second and third year batches reside in two identical buildings known as The East Wing and West Wing. The Rooms are on triple sharing basis.
- Senior Hostel for Final year Students.
- Final year cadets are provided with individual (single occupancy) rooms.
- And, a separate Girls Hostel.
- The Girls' Hostel is a new and welcome addition to the existing infrastructure of the college. It was Sonali Banerjee - the first woman marine engineer of Asia - who first occupied this hostel in 1995. The hostel is adjacent to the officer's quarters and is equipped with various amenities .
All wings have their own Study Rooms, Messes, T.V. Rooms, Drinking Water facility & the basic Furnishing.
The in-campus Medical Facility consists of a First Aid & Medical centre, suitably equipped with basic Medical amenities and attended by a qualified Medical practitioner.
Apart from this, the institute has a number of Medical Specialists/Doctors on it's panel who may be called upon if & when required besides having access to many Government as well as Private Hospitals/Nursing Homes.